Phlebotomy and Venepuncture Training Course
1 – day course
Our Phlebotomy Training Course is for both medics and non-medics. The Phlebotomy qualification could take the attendees down a new career path as a Phlebotomist or give them the ability to further their current career in nursing, healthcare or aesthetics.
The Venepuncture Training will aim to improve the students’ knowledge of the theory surrounding venepuncture including: the correct order of draw, the anatomy of veins and how to select a suitable site – allow students to practice using a synthetic arm.
This course contains a full practical session
Identify the suitable veins for Venepuncture
- Identify the indications and contraindications for both the practitioner and the patient
- To discuss the equipment used for performing Venepuncture
- To be made aware of the full procedure and raise awareness for potential policy variations
- To provide simulated practise in a controlled environment to help develop Venepuncture skills
- To consider Venepuncture from a patient’s point of view
Phlebotomy Venepuncture Training Course Summary
Students will learn how to:
- Define Venepuncture
- Identify roles and responsibilities, relevant to the area of work and Venepuncture
- Discuss accountability and consent
- Label anatomy of vein assess and select suitable sites for Venepuncture and sites to be avoided
- Describe scenarios when not to take blood
- Discuss and practise skills such as timing, using less dominant hand, tourniquet usage and also angles of needle
- List equipment required for Venepuncture
- Explain order of draw and its importance
- Discuss and list labelling a sample accurately
- Identify relevant policies and procedures to area of work
- Breakdown the potential complications associated with Venepuncture and discuss appropriate actions to prevent and/or treat common errors, complications and problems you may encounter
- Outline basic first aid in relation to Phlebotomy
- Review the full procedure
- Practice by using a simulation arm
- Reflective piece based on Venepuncture experience – seeing it from a patient’s point of view
We provide delegates/students with an activity workbook to work through and write notes in. We also provide a reflection template for revalidation and the full procedure/assessment template to assist students with competency sign off in their workplace.
Students will receive manual prior attending the course to study the theory and to get familiar with the terminology and topics discussed during the course study
During the theoretical part we discuss the veins order, choice of equipment, how to work with the patient, possible complications and health and safety aspects.
Practical part includes practice by using a simulated arm and practice on a live model.
Price: £600 Inc VAT
Ready to Book?
Training you to be the best
Are you thinking about a career in Aesthetics? Not sure where to start? Simply Skin Medical Aesthetics Academy provides training to medics and non-medics within the industry standards offering the highest quality accredited beauty, and aesthetics training developing students into professionals.
At Simply Skin Medical Aesthetics we strive to give our students the best training and education, in Aesthetics and Beauty.